We make a lot of dishes using Poha or Beaten rice which can be served for Breakfast or as a evening snack. Chinnu likes the sweetened version of poha. So Gud Poha goes into my menu more often. Flattened Rice – Also called Avalakki in Kannada and Phovu in Konkani .This is an easily digestible form of raw rice and is normally used to prepare snacks or light and easy fast food in indian kitchen.
- 1 cup Poha
- 1/4 cup of grated coconut
- 1/4 cup of grated jaggery
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Take a thick bottom pan , add jaggery + coconut + cardamom powder and dry roast it for 2-3 mins
- Remove from flame. Allow it to cool
- Now add poha to this mixture and stir it well until the poha blends well with the mixture