Poppy seeds are highly nutritious and less allergenic than many other seeds and nuts. Gasagase Payasa is a very popular dessert in southern part of karnataka.It has several health benefits. One such benefit is that it cures diarrhea. I very well remember,the day when my brother suffered diarrhoea He was 3 yr old then, and no medicine really helped him. Mom was so worried, then grand ma came to rescue with her magical poppy paste (payasa). Within no time, my brother seemed alright and he soon went off to sleep.
Top five benefits of Poppy seeds:
- A dosage Poppy seeds paste cures diarrhea.
- Poppy seeds are good sources of fatty acids, especially the omega-3 fatty acids, which is a must supplement for pregnant women and infants.
- Poppies are used to treat vomiting and nausea.
- Poppy seeds are good sources of carbohydrates, thus, helpful in enhancing the level of energy supplied to human body.
- Regular consumption of poppy seeds cures asthma and cough.
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk [can add water or milk instead]
- 1 cup sugar/jaggery
- 1/4 cup raw rice [ optional, rice is added for thickness]
- 4-5 cashews
- 7-9 raisins