Menthe Fenugreek Dosa – An other variety of dosa. My sis is a dosa expert! She got all her experti from her mother-in-law. She can make dosa out of anything. One of her specialty is water-melon dosa. Menthe dosa is just one of its kind.
Gyan on goodness
Fenugreek seeds have been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin.Fenugreek also has a long history of use for the treatment of reproductive disorders, to induce labor, to treat hormonal disorders and to reduce menstrual pain. It is an home remedy know to help reduce fever when taken with lemon and honey.Fenugreek has been known to increase milk production in lactating women. This was like an everyday food given to me during my confinement period.
- 1 bowl of Raw rice
- 1 tspn of Methi seeds
- 1/4 bowl of beaten rice (thick)
- 1 medium size jaggery
- a pinch of turmeric
- salt to taste
- Soak rice , methi seeds and beaten rice in separate bowls for 6-8 hrs/overnight. Use Luke warm water for soaking
- Grind all the soaked ingredients along with jaggery to make a smooth batter
- Add turmeric powder + salt to the batter and mix well
- Use the batter to make soft menthe dosas