Fenugreek leaves are basically a kind of green leafy vegetable . So they will give you all the goodness associated with green vegetables. Fresh leaves of the Methi plant have a slightly bitter taste but can be cooked just like we cook spinach. This is an other medicine that helps cure indigestion/stomach problems.
Other Benefits of Methi :
- Helps increase breast milk in lactating mothers.
- Methi is a very good source of iron and a great source of protein and nicotinic acid.
- Daily consumption of methi leaves in pregnant women helps ease delivery.
- Methi helps in checking sugar levels in our body.
- Using methi regularly prevents hairfall and controlling dandruff.
- 1 cup methi leaves
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup wheat flour/Atta
- salt and sugar to taste
- oil for frying
- Clean the leaves thoroughly. Keep aside
- In a pan add little oil and shallow fry the leaves until it is semi cooked
- Add this to a bowl and mix with curd+ wheat flour + salt +sugar
- Knead to make a soft dough and then make medium size balls
- Roll it to make small chapatis ( use tetra pack cover to avoid sticking)
- Fry on both the sides and serve hot