All time favourite breakfast of my family. This is our set menu for Sundays breakfast ! A light unleavened wheat bread, goes best with Aloo bhaji or Peas saagu.
- 1 bowl of wheat flour (1 bowl makes you 5 medium size pooris)
- 1/4 bowl of chiroti rava/bombay rava
- 1/4 bowl of luke warm water
- 1 tbspn of oil
- sugar and salt as per taste.
Note : Rava makes it crispy and sugar gives the color
- Heat 1 tbspn of oil , cool it and transfer it to the dough mixing bowl. To this add rest of the ingredients and knead to make hard dough ( hard as in NOT rock hard ! a little thicker than the normal chapati dough)
- Make lemon sized balls (use your index finger to make a chuckhole at the centre. This will give you a nice puffed pooris)
- Now roll them out thin (like mini chapatis) .Toss the dough in dry flour while rolling, this will prevent it from getting sticky when rolling
- Heat oil in kadai, when oil is ready , set it to medium flame and deep fry .While in oil , Press gently on one side until it puffs out then toss over and fry for few more seconds, until both the sides get a golden brown colour.