A brand new version of poori. Made this for the first time and to my surprise it was a super hit !
- 1 bowl of wheat flour (1 bowl makes you 5 medium size pooris)
- 1/2 bowl of sweet pumpkin (half cooked)
- 1/4 bowl of chiroti rava/bombay rava
- 1/4 bowl of luke warm water
- 1 tbspn of ghee
- sugar and salt as per taste
Note : Rava makes it crispy and sugar gives the color.
Microwave sweet pumpkin for 4-5 mins until it is half cooked.Heat 1 tablspn of ghee , cool it and transfer it to the dough mixing bowl.To this add rest of the ingredients and knead to make hard dough ( hard as in NOT rock hard ! a little thicker than the normal chapati dough)
Make lemon sized balls ( use your index finger to make a chuckhole at the centre. This will give you nice puffed pooris)
Now roll them out thin (like mini chapatis) .Toss the dough in dry flour while rolling, this will prevent it from getting sticky when rolling