I bet your kid will crave for more ! This is a lovely treat for summer. Try this out before the season ends!
Watermelon : A delicious ,flavorful summer fruit! Rich source of Vitamin C and contains significant amount of water that will keep your body hydrated.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of watermelon slices [Note: You got to pick the bottom most flesh. The one between the red flesh and the rind,please refer to the pictures below]
- 1/4 cup of Jaggery (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tspn of cardamom powder
- 2 tspn of white til seeds (optional)
- salt to taste
Soak Rice for about 4-6 hours
Grind together – grated coconut + watermelon slices + jaggery + soaked rice to make a fine batter.
The consistency of the batter should be little thinner than that of idly batter
Add salt + cardamom powder + til seeds to the batter and mix well.
You can either use it straight away or let it ferment for 4-5 hours.
Heat tava, Sprinkle a few drops of water ,the water should sizzle and evaporate away on. This means the pan is hot enough to make dosas.Grease a little oil on tava .Pour a ladle of batter using very little pressure, swirl the ladle in concentric circles, to spread out the batter. When the batter is fully spread, spray a few drops of vegetable oil all over the dosa.